11th of february already! It is time i show up and give some news of what's going on on the norman front. After a quite difficult month of january with some personal stressful issues, february began softly and brought its lot of solutions and happy endings and even some nice surprises (sigh of relief!) including , guess what?......Some snow! Rare enough in this part of the world to be seen as a real treat! Of course it didn't last but anyway, i had the pleasure to discover the field blanketed in snow this morning and it made my day.
This is the front cover, made in an upcycled book packaging. It ended more busy than i wanted but i like it anyway. techniques used: Stamping,collage : dried flowers, images from old book and some drawings . Gesso, acrylic paint and inks for the background.
Front cover with a handmade "ribbon". I like to make "ribbons" with strips of an old white bed sheet. In general i put paint and stamping on them but this time i sewed just a line of black stitches, the cover was busy enough.
I made the signature with a paper lightly yellowed with age and in the corner i pasted birds photocopied in black and white; i made pale copies and used colored pencils to give them an ancient feel not visible on the photo alas.
This is the back cover.
In case you would like to join in, you can still do it and here is a link to an excellent blog post by Lisa Sonora "How to start journaling- 3 things that make your writing easier".
I hope you're having a nice week end where you are, thanks for visiting.